Gold prices edged above $1,430 an ounce in Europe on Monday as the weaker dollar and rising oil prices lent support, but gains were capped by sharper appetite for risk after last week's well-received U.S. payrolls numbers.
* Spot gold was at $1,430.70 an ounce at 08:30 SA time compared with $1,427.98 late in New York on Friday.
* Silver was at $38.07 from $37.74.
* Platinum at $1,765.74 from $1,765.
* Palladium at $774.97 from $769.95.
* Euro zone sentix index for April, 10:30 SA time.
* Euro zone producer prices for February, 11:00 SA time.
* U.S. employment trend index for March, 16:00 SA time.
* U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks before the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta 2011 Financial Markets Conference, 01:15 SA time.
* U.S. Fed Bank of Chicago President Charles Evans discusses economic conditions and monetary policy issues in live interview on CNBC's Closing Bell, 21:15 SA time.
* The dollar eased against the euro, while the single currency hit fresh 11-month highs against a broadly weaker yen on Monday, with markets all but certain the European Central Bank will raise interest rates later this week.
* Brent crude climbed above $119 a barrel and U.S. crude hit a 2-1/2-year high at more than $108 as unrest in the Middle East and North Africa triggered concern that supplies could be dented while economic growth bolstered demand.
* Asian shares rose to their highest in nearly 3 years after strong U.S. jobs growth spurred optimism about the global economy.
* European shares were set to dip at the open as traders consolidate hefty gains from the previous session, when a key index hit a three-week high.
* Speculators in gold futures and options raised their net long positions as prices rose to fresh records last week, data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission showed on Friday.
* Gold support at $1,415, resistance at $1,441, 14-day RSI at 71.4.
* Silver support at $37.21, resistance at $38.11, 14-day RSI at 77.6.
* Platinum support at $1,754, resistance at $1,786, 14-day RSI at 58.4. - Reuters