Workers were happy to return to work following the settlement of a labour dispute with Sun City, Cosatu North West said at the weekend. “All workers are going back to work, starting from Saturday and Sunday, after a long discussion between management and worker leaders facilitated by the CCMA [Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration],” said Cosatu regional secretary Solly Phetoe. “All workers who were dismissed or suspended and those who were on a solidarity action are going back to work and the unions will be dealing with all issues that workers raised.” On Friday, the CCMA said the strike had been resolved. Spokeswoman Laura Mseme said the SA Commercial, Catering and Allied Workers Union, SA Transport and Allied Workers Union, and Sun International business partners signed an agreement to end the week-long strike. Sun International spokesman Michael Farr said yesterday about 160 people at Sun City were being investigated for the theft of food and beverages. “Only 30 of these staff members are Sun City employees. The balance are employed by four external service providers.” Phetoe said Cosatu would not rest until its workers were treated as human beings. “We will continue as the federation to defend and intervene when our members are exploited by anyone in this province.” – Sapa