Telkom wins ruling on network upgrade

Comment on this story

Johannesburg - South Africa’s fixed-line operator Telkom SA said on Monday it had won a court dispute with an affiliate of China's ZTE Corporation that had put on hold its planned network overhaul.

Telkom last year was forced to suspend a long-awaited upgrade to higher-speed broadband after infrastructure provider ZTE Mzansi won a court interdict to halt the project.

ZTE Mzansi, a joint venture between China's ZTE Corporation and local black-owned companies, took Telkom to court after being disqualified from bidding for the project.

Telkom said in a statement the Supreme Court of Appeal had set aside the earlier interdict, meaning it could go ahead with the network upgrade unabated. - Reuters


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.