Johannesburg - Three men will appear in the Tlhabane Magistrate's Court on Thursday in connection with the killing of the National Union of Mineworkers's Marikana chairman William Setelele.
At their last court appearance a week ago, all three men, aged between 33 and 37, were denied bail.
Setelele, 46, was shot eight times and killed in the Nkaneng informal settlement on October 17.
The following day, Brigadier Thulani Ngubane said Setelele was driving when four men emerged from the bushes and shot at his car.
He was hit once while he was driving, and when he got out of the car, another seven bullets were fired at him.
He died on the scene.
Last week, North West premier Thandi Modise welcomed the court's decision to deny the men bail.
“The spate of senseless killings in the area is alarming and it is important that thorough investigation is done to unmask the perpetrators,” she said. - Sapa