London - Justin Bieber is close to reaching a plea deal in his driving under the influence (DUI) case.
The 'Boyfriend' hitmaker was arrested in Miami in January and charged with DUI, resisting arrest and possessing an invalid driver's licence, but all three charges will be dropped if he pleads no contest to reckless driving, TMZ reports.
It was previously claimed the 20-year-old star - who will receive a year's probation as part of the agreement - would refuse a plea deal if it involved being subjected to random drug testing, but the proposal from prosecutors does not include this as a condition.
Justin was driving a rented yellow Lamborghini when police stopped him for allegedly drag racing.
Toxicology test results later showed the singer had traces of marijuana and Xanax in his system at the time of the arrest.
Meanwhile, lawyers for the singer have branded a lawsuit brought by a photographer against the star and his bodyguard "frivolous".
Jeffrey Binion is seeking damages after claiming the singer instructed his bodyguard to attack him and take his camera after he took photographs outside a recording studio last June, and in a hearing on Tuesday, he sought to boost the potential settlement he could receive.
His attorney Mark DiCowden said he has documented at least 11 similar alleged assaults against photographers over two years involving Bieber and his security personnel and argued a damages award for his client could deter future assaults against paparazzi.
He said: "It's not a financial fishing expedition. It is well known around the world that Justin Bieber does not like to be photographed in public."
The 'Baby' hitmaker's attorney Jared Lopez insisted there is no evidence the photographer was physically harmed or that the singer ordered bodyguard Hugo Hesny to go after him.
And another of his lawyers, Roy Black, said outside the court the case was "frivolous" and designed to generate publicity.
Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Sarah Zabel did not immediately make a ruling. - Bang Showbiz