It is that time of year again when pubs and taverns all over the world create traditional green beer for St Patrick’s Day.
SAB World of Beer, the five-star tourist attraction, will be hosting its annual beer tour linked to the Irish tradition. “From 13 – 19 March 2017, you’ll be able to sip on green Castle Draught in the Lion Bar during our fun and informative tour don’t worry, it’s just a drop of food colouring,” said Tony Rubin, general manager.
Situated in the heart of Newtown, Johannesburg, the SAB World of Beer is open for tours from 10h00 to 18h00, daily. Tours include two beers, a commemorative glass, and a guided tour. “Just for luck, we are encouraging tour-goers to wear something green and join in on the fun,” said Rubin.
For those craving some hearty Irish dishes savoury and sweet can pop upstairs to the Taproom for:
· St Paddy’s stout pie with dipping gravy and potato wedges,
· Crispy pork belly with mashed cabbage potatoes and Irish Ale gravy,
· Irish Shepherd’s pie with Irish cabbage salad,
· St Patrick’s chocolate brownie trifle, and
· Apple berry crumble with Irish whiskey cream.
To make your booking, contact SAB World of Beer:
Date: From 13 – 19 March 2017
Venue: SAB World of Beer
Cost: R115 per person
Tel: 011836 4900
Regret no under 18’s.