A study of 500 South African dads with daughters under the age of 18 has revealed the top 20 things fathers with a little girl will have mastered.
Knowing how to give the perfect cuddle, how to make a pair of fairy wings and the importance of colour co-ordination also feature in the list. Dads of daughters also know how to stop a nightmare, and how to make their little girls feel like the most special person in the world.
The study shows that 85 percent of dads know it is important to show their daughters that being kind and brave is more important than being pretty, and when it comes to empowering their daughter, 82 percent of dads tell their daughters that they can be anything.
Letting her make her own mistakes, teaching her the value of money at an early age and encouraging her to be brave are among the other "life lessons" dads try to give their little girls.
Top 20 things that dads with daughters will know:
1. How to make her feel special
2. How to dance with her on your feet
3. How to make everything better
4. How to give the perfect cuddle
5. Girls like getting dirty too
6. How to play with dolls
7. Glitter can get everywhere
8. How to dance
9. Girls play football too
10. How important it is to colour co-ordinate
11. How to stop a nightmare
12. How to face paint
13. What objects in the house make a great popstar microphone
14. Girls want to learn how to build a den and climb trees
15. How to get chewing gum out of long hair
16. How to braid hair
17. How to ice skate
18. How to say "no" gently when she asks to marry you
19. What a pirouette is
20. How to make a pair of fairy wings