It’s National Chips Week in the UK, but we’re convinced we eat more chips than the Brits ...and we do it better.
So here are our Top 5 ways to eat chips (and we haven’t discriminated against crisps).
1. Slap chips, hot from a paper packet with any one of mayonnaise, vinegar, masala, tomato sauce, peri peri or atchar (or a combination of your choice).
2. A packet of crisps passed around the braai.
3. Salt-and-vinegar crisps squished flat inside a hamburger roll, with lots of butter.
4. Chunky wedges fried in super-hot oil to drive out all the moisture and leave the inside fluffy and soft, dipped in a light garlic sauce.
5. Potatoes cut super-thin (shoestring style), pre-cooked in microwave, fried then lightly drizzled with salt & vinegar before being drenched in an instant mushroom sauce mixed with grated cheese.