With a light-hearted approach to cooking, and a world of experience to draw on, Jenny and Reza demonstrate that with guidance even the most inexperienced of chefs can produce dishes that will leave their diners demanding more.
This recipe will teach you how to prepare noodle cake with sweet chilli prawns & scallops.
The Noodle Cake Ingredients:
- 300g egg noodles
- 2tbls peanut oil
Sweet Chili Prawns & Scallops Ingredients:
- 2tbls peanut oil
- 4cm Fresh ginger cut into
- 3 stems lemon grass tender inner
- part only finely chopped
- 5 spring onions with tops roughly chopped
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbls Nuoc Nam
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 5ml sugar
- ground white pepper
- 2 tbls chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1kg cleaned whole vannamei
- 12 fresh scallops.
- fresh coriander to garnish
The Noodle Cake Ingredients Instructions:
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil, cook the noodles for about 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Whilst they cook untangle them gently with the back of a wooden spoon or a chopstick.
3. Drain them.
4. Oil a large dinner plate and place the noodles onto that, spread them out and let them cool and dry.
5. Heat 2tbls oil in a heavy based frying pan, now very carefully slide your noodle cake into the oil.
6. Cook the noodles over a medium heat until lovely and crisp and golden underneath, flip the cake over cook the other side crisp and golden adding a little more oil if needed.
7. Gently remove from the pan and transfer to a serving platter.
Prawns & Scallops Instructions:
1. Place oil in a wok and add the ginger and lemongrass stir. Fry for 30 seconds, don't let it burn.
2. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Now add the garlic, Nuoc Nam, soy sauce, ground white pepper, coriander and chili sauce, simmer for one minute.
4. Taste the sauce and add a little salt if needed.
5. Now stir in the prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the scallops and cook till the scallops turn opaque.
7. Remove from the heat and spoon onto the noodle cake.
Plating: Garnish with coriander and serve (Serves 4)
For more information click here