A new company called Plan B has introduced an alternative to traditional roadside assistance programs in South Africa, with a clever “pay-per-need” scratch card.
The card can be kept in a cubbyhole or behind a sun visor and, in the event of an accident or breakdown, clients simply need to scratch off the back of the card to quote the unique once-off pin when calling the helpline, 0861 555 111.
Plan B will then immediately dispatch help to assist the customer.
Each card can only be used once, and once redeemed customers will need to purchase a new one.
Each card, which costs R99, offers South African motorists:
- Assistance with one vehicle towing after an accident should a vehicle be completely or partially immobilised to the extent that it cannot be driven or moved under its own power. The vehicle will be towed directly to the member’s home/business/chosen destination, free of charge within a 40km radius.
- Medical assistance for one accident/medical incident with the backing of Helivac and Buthelezi EMS.
- All necessary emergency medical transportation expenses of air and/or surface transportation, including medical care and all usual ancillary charges incurred in moving a person involved in an accident.
- Assistance during a medical emergency, such as an accident or illness that requires immediate and/or urgent emergency medical transportation.
- Aside from these advantages, there are no lengthy approval periods as applicants register and pay online.
All Plan B support team members are fully qualified in emergency medical service support, which is further backed by the expertise of their strategic partners; Helivac medical helicopter services and Buthelezi Emergency Medical Services.
For more information on Plan B and to register for a R99 roadside assist card, visit www.planbrsa.co.za