Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv
Dakar - Decisions by international donors to withdraw aid to Rwanda are “hasty” and “based on flimsy evidence”, Foreign Minister Louise Mushikiwabo was quoted a saying in media reports Saturday.
Britain on Saturday joined the Netherlands and United States in withholding aid donations following allegations that Rwanda backed M23 rebels, led by Bosco Ntaganda in the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ntaganda is wanted by the International Criminal Court on war crimes charges.
Britain it would withhold a total of 25 million dollars in aid. The Netherlands has said it will freeze more than 6 million dollars, while the US last week cut 200,000 dollars in military aid.
Mushikiwabo told the Kigali-based New Times newspaper she would challenge the decision by European donors and “reassure” them.
“Rwanda cannot afford this kind of distraction,” she said. - Sapa-dpa