Kanyesheja, Rwanda - Rwanda's army displayed five bodies Thursday it said were Congolese soldiers killed in two days of border clashes, an AFP reporter said.
Both sides have blamed each other for two days of cross-border gunfire.
Democratic Republic of Congo's army said the conflict started after one of its soldiers was kidnapped by Rwandan troops who crossed into North Kivu, while Rwanda said Congolese troops crossed into its territory and opened fire on Rwandan soldiers.
Congo has said only one of its soldiers had been killed.
The combat zone, some 20 kilometres (12 miles) north of the border towns of Goma and Gisenyi was calm Thursday afternoon, an AFP reporter said, on a press trip to the area with the Rwandan army and foreign defence attachés.
Congolese troops appeared relaxed in their positions, the correspondent said, looking across the frontier from Rwanda.
Much of the tension between the Kinshasa and Kigali government arises from the presence in the eastern Kivu provinces of Rwandan Hutu rebels in the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR).
This armed movement's older members are accused of taking part in the 1994 genocide of ethnic Tutsis in Rwanda. Three months of slaughter claimed an estimated 800 000 lives, while the FDLR has since been accused of serious atrocities against villagers in DR Congo.