Statoil confirms Norwegian deaths

Comment on this story


iol pic afr algeria hostage_

Reuters

Hostages are seen with their hands in the air at the In Amenas gas facility in this still image taken from video footage.

Oslo - Norwegian oil and gas company Statoil on Friday confirmed the deaths of two of its Norwegian employees at the In Amenas gas plant in Algeria, which was attacked by Islamist militants on January 16.

Three other Norwegians who worked on the site at the time of the attack are still missing, it said in a statement.

“Our thoughts go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones in this horrible and senseless attack against innocent people,” said the chief executive of Statoil, Helge Lund.

“We remain very concerned about our three colleagues who are still missing,” he added.

Earlier on Friday, the Norwegian foreign ministry said it was “unlikely” that the five nationals missing after the Algerian attack would be found alive. - Sapa-AFP


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory