FILE- In this June 30, 2010 file photo, Bosco Ntaganda, a former warlord then integrated into Congo's national army, attends the 50th anniversary celebration of Congo's independence in Goma, eastern Congo. The government of Rwanda said Ntaganda, who had been on the run in neighboring Congo, had turned himself in to the United States Embassy in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. Ntaganda has become one of Africa's symbols of impunity. Despite an outstanding warrant from the International Criminal Court, which indicted him on war crimes in 2006, he became a general in the Congolese army, living in an upscale villa and playing tennis in his spare time.(AP Photo/Alain Wandimoyi, File)
UNITED NATIONS - Rwandan-born former Congolese general Bosco Ntaganda, wanted by the International Criminal Court for suspected war crimes in Congo, has given himself up at the U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwandan Foreign Minister Louise Mushikiwabo said on Monday.
“We have learned today that Bosco Ntaganda entered Rwanda and surrendered to (the) U.S. Embassy in Kigali,” she posted on Twitter.
Ntaganda faces charges of conscripting child soldiers, murder, ethnic persecution and rape in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo. There was no immediate confirmation from U.S. officials. - Reuters