Lightning sets couple’s bed on fire
Wellington - A New Zealand couple had a lucky escape when lightning struck their house and set their bed on fire, Radio New Zealand reported on Thursday.
Auckland man Josh Roa said he and his wife were woken by a huge flash which lit up the room for several seconds setting their headboard and mattress on fire.
“I had to use the laundry basket as a makeshift bucket to douse the flames,” he said.
The lightning strike blew the windows out of a neighbouring house and Roa said he was thankful he and his family had escaped harm.
Five houses were hit by the lightning strike at about 10.30pm on Wednesday. - Sapa-dpa