Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv
Cape Town - Two courts in the Western Cape have received bomb threats in the past 24 hours, police said.
The Western Cape High Court was evacuated after a bomb threat on Wednesday morning, Captain Frederik van Wyk said.
“I can confirm that the threat was made earlier this morning. The whole court building has been evacuated and at this stage it is unknown whether the building is safe.”
No further details were available.
On Tuesday, the Wynberg Magistrate's Court received a bomb threat.
“A man made an anonymous phone call to the police call centre,” said Van Wyk.
The police's K9 unit was deployed and the court was evacuated. It was later declared safe.
Van Wyk warned that people making hoax bomb threat calls would, if caught, be criminally charged. - Sapa