The affordable education loan option
The trial of three men accused of defrauding the labour department's Compensation Fund was postponed in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Thursday, the department said.
Former employees of the Fund Maxwell Ramaphosa, Samuel Mfeleng and Kgabo Methi, were ordered to return to court on July 5, said spokesman Page Boikanyo said in a statement.
The men were expected to plead at their next court appearance.
They face three counts of fraud and four of money laundering for allegedly falsifying and inflating claims and funnelling the money into the account of their co-accused, Jones Mothemola Modau.
Modau pleaded guilty to fraud in the Pretoria Specialised Commercial Crime Court last month, which prompted the trial of Ramaphosa, Mfeleng and Methi to be transferred to the Pretoria Magistrate's Court.
It was believed the men embezzled R476 150.
Ramaphosa and Mfeleng stand accused in two other cases relating to Compensation Fund fraud.
In one, they and five others are accused of stealing R1 million, and in the other, they and physiotherapist Jurry Sehunoe are accused of stealing R2.1 million from the fund. - Sapa