Durban – The 1-month-old infant caught in the middle of a fake hijacking and kidnap debacle last week is said to be safe and well at a baby home.
A representative of The Angel Network, Durban, told the Daily News the little girl was “well” and “thriving” at the home.
It is not clear how long she will stay at the home.
Her mother and a man who says he is the baby’s father appeared in court again on Wednesday where a charge of kidnapping was withdrawn.
They have been granted bail of R1 000
The pair appeared briefly in the Durban Magistrate’s Court on Monday and were remanded at the Durban Central SAPS holding cells pending a DNA test.
Magistrate Mahomed Motala also ruled that accused number one, the baby’s mother, sort out her legal representation and that the State conclude the charges facing the two.
Last Friday, the baby was taken during an alleged hijacking in Greyville.
The car was found later in Montclair, but the baby was missing.
The little girl was found early on Sunday when police intercepted a vehicle near the Mariannhill Toll Plaza.