Eight dead in Cape bloody weekendComment on this story
Cape Town - It was a bloody weekend in Cape Town, with three double murders, as well as the killings of a 17-year-old boy and a 27-year-old man.
Officers were dispatched to a house in Thomas Street in Delft South at 3am on Saturday, where they found the body of a 27-year-old woman who had been shot in the neck and the head. A 24-year-old man, reported to have lived in Mahler Street, was shot twice in the chest. He later died in hospital.
Police said the two had been standing outside the house when unknown gunmen shot at them. The gunmen fled on foot and have not yet been arrested.
At about 3.40am, police were dispatched to Tallis Street in Delft South, where the bodies of Jason Minnaar, 27 and Luyanda Lukaele, 18, also known as “Lucks”, were found with gunshots to the head.
In another double murder, two brothers were killed in Retreat, along Prince George Drive. Police were called out at about 1.30am on Saturday, and found the two bodies riddled with bullet wounds. Provincial police spokesman Frederick van Wyk said a 24-year-old man went to the shop and returned to his house. He left soon after.
His girlfriend told police she heard gunfire. She went out to look and saw her boyfriend and his brother had been shot. No
arrests have yet been made.
Bishop Lavis police found the body of a 17-year-old boy in Assegaai Avenue, Bonteheuwel when they were called out at around 9.45pm on Friday. Van Wyk said it was alleged that he had been standing with his girlfriend when they were approached by unidentified suspects who opened fire . No arrests have been made.
A 27-year-old man was shot dead on the corner of Boekenhout Street and Bramble Way in Bonteheuwel around noon on Saturday. No arrests have been made.
* Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stop on 08600 10111.