The affordable education loan option
Johannesburg - A woman accused of falsely claiming her baby was kidnapped was granted bail of R3000 by the Kempton Park Magistrate's Court on Friday, police said.
Busi Nkosi was charged with perjury and defeating the ends of justice, and would appear again in court on November 22, said Lt-Col Katlego Mogale.
On Monday, 42-year-old Nkosi reported her baby boy had been kidnapped in a robbery in Kempton Park.
It was initially reported that three men and two women broke into a house in Kempton Park West on Monday evening, tied up Nkosi and her 16-year-old daughter, and drugged them.
Police said the robbers were reported to have taken the baby, its clothes and Nkosi's cellphone.
The father arrived home after 10pm and untied his wife and daughter.
Police found no signs of forced entry.
“Through investigation, the police managed to trace the child and found him with his mother in Witbank 1/8in Mpumalanga 3/8,” said Mogale.