False kidnap case postponed

Comment on this story


Copy of Copy of ST p1sec babyJayden3 (37192683)

The Star

The house from which baby Jayden was allegedly snatched in Kempton Park. Photo: Antoine de Ras

Kempton Park - A woman, accused of falsely claiming her baby was kidnapped, appeared in the Kempton Park Magistrate's Court on Friday.

Busi Nkosi was charged with perjury and defeating the ends of justice, and would appear again in court on January 24, the court clerk said.

Nkosi is out on bail of R3000.

On October 7, 42-year-old Nkosi reported her baby boy had been kidnapped in a robbery in Kempton Park, police said at the time. It was initially reported that three men and two women broke into the woman's house in Kempton Park West on the night of October 7, tied up Nkosi and her 16-year-old daughter, and drugged them.

Police said the robbers took the baby, its clothes and Nkosi's cellphone.

The father arrived home after 10pm and untied his wife and daughter.

Police found no signs of forced entry.

Police then discovered that the boy Nkosi had reported missing was in fact a relative's toddler who had never stayed with her at all.

It is believed the robbery was also staged.

Police found the child with the relative in Witbank, Mpumalanga - where he had been living all along.

Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory