Biggest Fashion Sale Of The Year! Shop 12 000 Up To 70% OFF!
The bail application of one of four men accused of murdering a gay nightclub owner was postponed in the Cape Town Magistrate's Court on Friday.
Magistrate Jasthree Steyn told Fareez Allie, 29, the matter would resume next Friday for heads of argument and judgment.
Prosecutor Quenton Appels said he had two pieces of evidence for submission.
The first was a brief statement by a Sea Point police station officer confirming food was given to prisoners in custody, including Allie, between February 10 and February 12.
Allie alleged in an affidavit that he had received no food for a number of days after he was detained, and that he was not allowed visits from his family or to make any phone calls.
The second was an extract from the custody register for that period.
“Lieutenant-Colonel Engelbrecht visited the cells and no complaints were received from any prisoners in custody at this stage,” Appels told the magistrate.
There was no objection from the defence against both submissions.
Allie waved to family members in the gallery before being led back to the cells.
His co-accused Kurt Erispe, 35, was released on bail of R10 000 last month, while John Frederick Coetzee, 36, and Achmat Toffa, 35, have yet to make their applications.
Bronn, who owned the Bronx nightclub, was found dead on the floor of his home on Ocean View Drive in Sea Point on February 7.
His hands had been tied in front of him and he had marks on his neck. – Sapa