The affordable education loan option
Nelspruit - The trial of a man accused of beating his wife with a hammer and leaving her for dead was postponed in the Nelspruit Regional Court on Friday.
A Sapa correspondent reported that the trial of Edwin Cruywagen, out on R1000 bail, would begin on November 11.
Cruywagen is accused of attacking his wife Francis Cruywagen during the night of June 21, 2011.
Prosecutor Michael Mazibuko said Cruywagen faced a charge of attempted murder and not murder, as previously thought. He said the case assessors had assumed Cruywagen's wife was dead, as her children had removed her from hospital and taken her to an unknown location.
Two witnesses also assumed she was dead and said so when they previously testified in court.