Nico Henning, accused of killing his estranged wife Chanelle Henning, is expected to return to the Pretoria Regional Court on Friday, for a bail application.
Henning had appeared on Tuesday for the application. Chief magistrate Desmond Nair postponed the matter to Friday.
Henning's lawyers had asked for a postponement to file further documents to the court. Prosecutor Gerrie Nel did not oppose the request.
Last week, the Pretoria High Court heard that Henning manipulated his best friend and commissioned him to arrange the murder.
Daan Mostert, for convicted murderer Andre Gouws, 49, asked Gouws if he thought Henning had manipulated him when he allegedly ordered the hit on his wife.
“Without a doubt,” Gouws responded during sentencing procedures.
An emotional Gouws told the court his best friend of 24 years had offered him R1 million to carry out the hit so he could get custody of the couple's child. This was to be paid in monthly instalments of R50 000.
He said he would testify against Henning and had decided to tell the truth because “it was the right thing to do”.
Gouws and former Nigerian Olympic athlete Ambrose Monye were found guilty of the contract murder of Henning. The 26-year-old woman was shot dead in Faerie Glen in November 2011, shortly after dropping off her child at a creche.
Gouws and Monye pleaded not guilty to five charges relating to a conspiracy to commit the murder. - Sapa