Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv
Johannesburg - The department of home affairs on Monday said it noted the ruling given by the Western Cape High Court in favour of two people separated from their spouses because of immigration laws.
In a statement, home affairs said it was still studying the judgment and would provide comment in due course.
According to the SABC, Brent Johnson and Cherene Delorie took the department to court to challenge what they called “unconstitutional legislation” governing visa applications.
Their foreign partners were branded undesirable and barred entry into South Africa.
Home affairs said this was after they failed to follow due process when renewing their visas earlier in 2014.
The national broadcaster reported that Judge James Yekiso ruled that the status of undesirability over Johnson's wife and son who are in Denmark, and Delorie's husband who is in Zimbabwe, be suspended and they be allowed to return to South Africa.