Jilted man in dock over girl’s abduction

Comment on this story


IOL pic feb13 crime scene tape blue yellow

.

.

Johannesburg - A four-year-old Soweto girl who was kidnapped, allegedly by her mother’s ex-boyfriend – who is not the child’s father – has been returned home.

The girl was found a few hours after her ordeal in Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni.

Police arrested the man.

Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela, spokesman for the Soweto police, said the 32-year-old man phoned the girl’s mother on Saturday night and allegedly threatened to run away with her daughter if she failed to come back to him.

On Sunday, the child sat quietly next to her mother at their Orlando East home.

The mother said the girl was fine, but declined an interview with The Star.

Her ex-boyfriend was expected to appear at the Protea Magistrate’s Court on Monday on a charge of kidnapping.

Meanwhile, Hilda Mokoena, a 73-year-old woman who allegedly kidnapped seven-month-old baby Rorisang, and her great-grandson, Thato, was to make a second appearance at the same court on Monday morning.

The matter was adjourned on Friday.

Mokoena allegedly told Rorisang’s family that Dorah’s Arc, a crèche in Roodepoort, was throwing a Valentine’s Day party for children, and that they would get presents.

The children were also to be entered in a competition.

She allegedly told the family that the winning baby would get financial assistance for their studies from primary school until they completed university.

When she failed to return with the children, Rorisang’s parents reported the matter at Moroka police station.

Makhubela said Mokoena was arrested after she had called her grandson, asking him to meet her in the CBD.

Also at the Protea Magistrate’s court on Monday, the two boys accused of killing two Soweto schoolgirls last week were expected to make their second appearance.

The two, both 16, made their first appearance on Friday.

Their matter was stood down for an assessment of the boys.

Court proceedings were held behind closed doors because they are minors.

During their appearance, the boys had chains around their ankles, and their faces were covered with blankets.

The pair are currently in a place of safety after their arrest on Thursday in connection with the murder of Thandeka Moganetsi, 14, and Chwayita Rathazayo, 15.

The two girls were dressed in their school uniforms when their bodies were found in a ditch in Dobsonville on Wednesday. They had cuts on their hands and necks.

Three black candles and two razor blades were found at the scene.

[email protected]

The Star


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory