Ketani murder accused denied bailComment on this story
Three of the six men accused of killing Betty Ketani 13-years-ago were denied bail in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court, according to reports on Saturday.
The Citizen reported that Magistrate Vincent Ratshibvhumo said Ketani's three children were also robbed of their only breadwinner when the families of the accused made a submission that the men would suffer if kept in prison.
Family members of Carrington Laughton, David Ranger and Carel Ranger cried when the magistrate announced the decision, the newspaper reported.
Ketani is believed to have been shot in the head on a farm in Johannesburg and was left for dead, but survived and had been taken to hospital.
The 37-year-old mother was later allegedly kidnapped from the hospital and had been classed as a missing person for the past 13
In May, Gauteng police said a letter found at a house in Kenilworth, Johannesburg, linked six men to Ketani's murder and arrests were made.
Earlier in June two of the six men arrested - Paul Toff-Nielsen and Dirk Reyneke - were granted bail of R20,000 each. - Sapa