Krejcir-linked hit plot case postponed

Comment on this story


IOL pic nov27 radovan krejcir file

Independent Newspapers

Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir. File photo: Chris Collingridge

Johannesburg - The matter of five people accused of attempting to murder investigators in the Radovan Krejcir case was postponed by a Johannesburg court on Tuesday, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said.

The matter in the Alexandra Regional Court was postponed to April 7 for further investigations, NPA spokeswoman Phindi Louw said.

Nandi Nkosi, Zoe Biyela, Siboniso Miya, Owen Serrero and Jacob Nare were arrested for allegedly plotting to kill forensic investigator Paul O'Sullivan and crime intelligence officer Colonel Nkosana “Killer” Ximba who are probing a case which involves Czech fugitive Krejcir.

Earlier this month, two of the five, Nkosi and Biyela, were denied bail.

Magistrate Deon Schnetler ruled the defence failed to prove their release would be in the interests of justice.

The two women are charged with conspiracy to murder, possession of unlicensed firearms, of unlicensed ammunition, of stolen vehicles, and with theft.

Nkosi has been suspended from her job with the crime intelligence unit. In affidavits, both women have denied involvement in the alleged plot.

Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory