Liebenberg murder case postponedComment on this story
Johannesburg - The case against Retief Liebenberg, accused of murdering his daughter's boyfriend and the young man's father, was postponed for further investigation by the Benoni Magistrate's Court on Thursday.
Prosecutor Thabiso Mosikili said the defence had asked for the post mortem report, and the ballistic report still had to be completed.
“We agreed on a postponement for the post mortem report, which will be available to them no later than February 11. I am also waiting for the (Director of Public Prosecutions) to hear which prosecutor will take over the case,” he said.
Marius Wyngaard, for Liebenberg, said the defence had appointed its own ballistic expert and needed the post mortem report to complete its case.
Liebenberg allegedly shot dead Dewalt Visser jr also known as Poena, and Dewalt Visser sr at his Rynfield residence on October 31.
Visser jr allegedly called his father to the Liebenberg residence, saying Liebenberg was holding him hostage. After his father arrived at the house he was shot five times in the upper body.
Visser jr was also shot at the residence. Liebenberg had apparently barred his daughter from seeing the young Visser as he believed he was using drugs.
Liebenberg was granted R50 000 bail in November last year. Magistrate Ian Cox postponed the case to March 6. - Sapa