M-Net pulls Pistorius ads
Johannesburg - Pay TV channel M-Net is pulling campaign adverts featuring “Blade Runner” Oscar Pistorius off air with immediate effect, a company official said on Thursday.
Pistorius was due to appear on Thursday, but the court appearance was later moved to Friday.
The man known as the 'Blade Runner' will spend the night in jail, police confirmed.
This was after the shooting at his home of model and law graduate Reeva Steenkamp.
“We are at this stage as the SA Police Services not able to disclose why are we opposing the bail,” said Beukes.
Pistorius was held at the Boschkop police station on Thursday morning, then taken to the Mamelodi Day Clinic for forensic tests.
Pistorius was co-operating with police, she said.
Beukes said there had been other incidents of domestic violence at his place.
“I confirm there had been previous incidents of a domestic nature at his place but this will form part of the investigation,” she said.
She said there was no sign of forced entry into Pretorius' house and reports that the woman was shot after she was mistaken for an intruder were not coming from the police.
“As SA Police Services we do not have a report based on those allegations. We only heard over the radio that the woman was shot after she was mistaken for an intruder.”
Beukes said forensic detectives were busy collecting evidence from the crime scene and journalists would not be allowed in until the police handed over the scene to the estate's security company. - Sapa, Reuters, AFP