Man appears for rape, murder of teens

Comment on this story


iol news pic Justice blind JvL

JvL@Flickr.com

File image

Johannesburg - A man accused of murdering and raping two teenage girls appeared in the Protea Magistrate's Court on Monday, Gauteng police said.

The 31-year-old man would be back in court on June 9, Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela said.

He was arrested in Snake Park, Doornkop, on Friday.

The teenagers were both raped and murdered in Dobsonville, Soweto. The 16-year-old girl was shot on May 25 and the 18-year-old strangled last year.

Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory