Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv
Johannesburg - An alleged serial rapist targeting young boys in Evaton and De Deur is expected to appear in court on Monday, Gauteng police said.
“He is due to appear at the Vereeniging Magistrate's Court tomorrow on charges of rape, attempted murder, assault, and robbery,” Lt-Col Lungelo Dlamini said in a statement.
The 29-year-old was arrested last week and had been linked to nine rapes committed since November 2012. It was possible he could be connected to more crimes.
The man allegedly lured his victims, all aged between 11 and 14, by asking them to help him carry boxes.
“Once in an open place near the border of Sebokeng and Vereeniging, he would rape his victims and rob them of their belongings, especially cellphones.”
Some of the boys were seriously assaulted, said Dlamini.