Murder accused ends life on the run

Comment on this story
cuffs_aug 6 Flickr.com .

Johannesburg -

A man accused of murder has handed himself over to police after being on the run for over a year, Gauteng police said on Wednesday.

“He handed himself (over) for murder that he allegedly committed on December 1, 2012 at Zone 2 in Meadowlands,” spokesman Constable Sibusiso Chauke said in a statement.

The suspect had been on the run ever since until he decided to hand himself over on Tuesday.

The man, aged 28, allegedly had an argument with the deceased on the day.

“It is alleged that the suspect produced a knife and stabbed the deceased on the upper body several times.”

The man then fled the scene.

The deceased, aged 19 at the time, died on the way to hospital.

“Police were called to the hospital where a murder case was opened. The hunt for the man was then launched,” Chauke said.

The man was charged with murder and would appear in the Protea Magistrate's Court soon. - Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.