CLOSE X
Advertisement

No respite for Garsfontein as more break-ins reported

Crime & Courts
Pretoria - Three further break-ins were reported in Garsfontein community forums on Sunday as residents still try to come to terms with the high crime level in their suburb.

Despite investigations, no arrests have yet been made in last week's attack in which two women were killed in Mias Street.

And the so-called “fence ninja”, accused of break-ins for months, has not been rearrested.

Share this story
Picture:@Abramjee/Twitter

Garsfontein police spokesperson Captain Ilze Jones said police were following up leads in the Mias Street murder. In the attack, three men tied up the victims and stabbed them, before fleeing with electrical goods.

Police said the man, a senior tourism official, and his daughter were in a critical but stable condition.

Twice in recent days residents gathered at the police station, first to protest against the release of the fence jumper, and then to hold a vigil for the victims of crime. 

Pretoria News

Share this story
Advertisement
X