Advertisement

NPA mum on Oscar iPhone reports

Johannesburg - The NPA declined to comment on Thursday on reports that the prosecution team in paralympian Oscar Pistorius's murder trial were trying get his phone analysed by Apple.

“We don't comment on investigations... it is sub judice,” National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Nathi Mncube said.

Oscar Pistorius murder trial is set ot start on Monday.File photo: Adrian de Kock. Credit: INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS

According to eNCA online, sources within the prosecution had confirmed they were trying to get the phone analysed and claimed Pistorius had not given police his iTunes password.

As a result, the prosecution could not access the encrypted data contained in his account, sources reportedly said.

Pistorius's lawyer Brian Webber told eNCA this was not true and presented a letter sent to prosecutor Gerrie Nel in June last year, containing Pistorius's iTunes ID and password.

Pistorius is accused of killing his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February last year. His trial is expected to be heard in the High Court in Pretoria from March 3 to 20.

Sapa

SHOW ALL
Advertisement