Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv
Pretoria - Paralympian Oscar Pistorius's attorney is waiting for a copy of Tuesday's court ruling, that media houses could partially broadcast his murder trial, before deciding what to do.
“We are still waiting for the judgment. The judge indicated yesterday that he was going to circulate the order but he didn't. At 6pm, we still did not receive it,” Brian Webber told Sapa on Wednesday.
“So we are waiting for it and we can go through it and decide what to do. Only then can we comment.”
He said there were lots of possibilities but he could not disclose any of those until the judgment was analysed.
The High Court in Pretoria on Tuesday gave media houses the nod for full audio and partial television broadcasts of the three-week trial, which starts on Monday.
The ruling was made following an application brought by news channel eNCA, and joined by MultiChoice and Eyewitness News.
Judge Dunstan Mlambo said MultiChoice and Primedia were permitted to broadcast the audio recording of the entire trial in live transmissions, delayed broadcasts or extracts of the proceedings.
Regarding television coverage, media houses could only broadcast opening arguments, any interlocutory applications during the trial, the evidence of all experts called to give evidence for the State, but excluding evidence of Pistorius and his witnesses.
Closing arguments of both the State and Pistorius, delivery of the judgment and the sentence, if applicable, could be also televised.
Pistorius is accused of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on February 14 last year. - Sapa