Johannesburg - Magistrate Desmond Nair closed off Thursday's proceedings in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court without an indication of whether murder accused Oscar Pistorius would be granted bail or not.
“Oscar Pistorius and his family fully respect the bail hearing process,” said Arnold Pistorius, the Paralympian's uncle and family spokesperson, in a statement.
“They understand it is in the full interest of justice that the process associated with the bail application be followed in its entirety.”
The statement was released by Pistorius's PR company, Vuma Reputation Management.
Pistorius's application for bail enters its fourth day in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Friday.
The celebrity Paralympian is charged with murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, who died in a shooting in his Pretoria home last week.
Pistorius claims he thought there was a burglar in his house when he fired shots at the bathroom door, and killed her.
“This is a unique, emotional and difficult time for us all. Our hearts and thoughts are with the family of Reeva Steenkamp during their time of bereavement,” said Arnold. - Sapa