Pinetown - A Swazi national whose lorry ploughed through four minibus taxis, killing 24 people, may not be the only person facing charges when the matter ultimately comes to trial.
National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Nathi Mncube said Sanele Goodness May's trial was postponed to August 5 “to allow the State to consider more charges and more accused”.
He said he could not provide further details.
May faces 24 culpable homicide charges.
On the evening of September 5 last year, at the height of rush-hour traffic, May's truck smashed into four minibus taxis and two cars at an intersection at the bottom of Fields Hill in Pinetown.
Twenty-two people were killed at the scene. Two died later in hospital.
May has been in custody ever since and was previously denied bail in the Pinetown Magistrate's Court.
Initially he was charged with 24 counts of murder, but this was changed to 24 culpable homicide charges.