Two more Cape kids raped

Comment on this story


Copy of ca Rape Suspect DONE

Supplied

Police have issued an identikit of a suspect after a 6-year-old girl was raped in a communal toilet in Delft on January 12.

Cape Town - Police are hunting for the man who raped an 11-year-old boy in a derelict building in Bonteheuwel.

This horrific attack took place little more than a week after the violent attack on a 9-year-old Delft girl who was raped, doused in petrol and set alight.

In Bonteheuwel, on Sunday at about 7.45pm, the boy was walking along Bonteheuwel Avenue, when a man called him, said police spokesman Captain FC van Wyk.

The man led the boy into a derelict building which had been gutted in a fire. Here, the man, apparently known to the people in the area as “Franky”, raped the boy.

Police have also issued an identikit of a suspect in another Delft child rape which occurred earlier this month – on January 12 a 6-year-old girl was raped in a communal toilet.

Police said the rapist is between the ages of 45 and 50. He is 1.65m tall and has a dark complexion.

Copy of ca Rape Suspect 2 DONE

Delft police have also issued an identikit of a suspect in a rape that occurred in August last year. In that incident, a 24-year-old woman was forced at knife point into the bushes at the R300 and N2 intersection, and raped.

Supplied

Anyone with information that could lead to his arrest is asked to contact Captain Beziek at the Delft police station on 082 522 1048.

Reacting to these latest reports of child rape, MEC of Social Development Albert Fritz said that he was “outraged”.

Fritz called on the police to “mobilise every available resource to apprehend the perpetrators”.

“Toward the end of last year I launched a campaign that says ‘child protection starts at home’. I wish to reiterate the importance of looking out for one another’s children in our communities, but also for parents to take responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of their children,” he said.

Delft police have also issued an identikit of a suspect in a rape that occurred in August last year.

In that incident, a 24-year-old woman was forced at knife point into the bushes at the R300 and N2 intersection, and raped.

Police have described the suspect as 20-years-old, tall, slender and with a dark complexion.

Anyone with information is asked to call Warrant Officer Shaun Taylor at Bishop Lavis police station on 083 411 3814 or 082 559 4598.

Cape Argus


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory