The affordable education loan option
Pretoria - President Jacob Zuma has appointed 12 judges to various divisions of the High Court, the presidency said on Thursday.
Spokesman Mac Maharaj said Zuma made the appointments, effective from next Friday, on the recommendation of the Judicial Service Commission.
- Achmat Naaim Jappie was appointed Deputy Judge President of the High Courts in Pietermaritzburg and Durban;
- Murray John Lowe SC was appointed a judge of the High Court in Port Elizabeth;
- Buyiswa Majiki was appointed a judge of the High Courts in Mthatha and Port Elizabeth, but would be based in Mthatha;
- David Stephanus Fourie SC was appointed a judge of the High Courts in Pretoria and Johannesburg;
- Judith Innes Cloete, Mokgoatji Josiah Dolamo, Babalwa Pearl Mantame, Owen Lloyd Rogers SC, and Ashton Schippers were all appointed judges of the High Court in Cape Town;
- Basheer Waglay was appointed Judge President of the Labour Court; and
- Dimpheletse Seun Stanley Moshidi and Willem Lötter Wepener were appointed judges of the Electoral Court.
Zuma said: “I wish to congratulate the new appointees and wish them well in the discharge of their mandate of giving full expression to the letter and ethos of our Constitution, as we strive together to create a democratic society where the rights of all persons are respected and protected.” - Sapa