FF Plus announces top 25 candidatesComment on this story
Cape Town - The Freedom Front Plus confirmed on Thursday that three DA MPs, including former radio presenter Niekie van den Berg, were joining the party on its national election list.
Announcing its top 25 candidates in Parliament, FF Plus leader Pieter Mulder said Van den Berg and former Agri-SA chairman Lourie Bosman appear at number 10 and number 6 on the party's list, respectively.
As expected, Mulder tops the party's list, followed by Pieter Groenewald and Corne Mulder - all current MPs in the fourth democratic Parliament.
DA MP Theo Coetzee made it to number 18 on the FF Plus list.
The top ten names on the list are:
* Pieter Mulder (FF Plus leader and deputy Agriculture Minister);
* Pieter Groenewald (FF Plus MP);
* Corne Mulder (FF Plus MP);
* Wouter Wessels (FF Plus Youth Leader);
* Pieter Vorster (former Bloemfontein mayor);
* Lourie Bosman (DA MP and former Agri SA chairman);
* Wynand Boshoff;
* Andre Fourie (former National Party MP);
* Amanda de Lange (FF Plus councillor); and
* Niekie van den Berg (DA MP)
“I am as leader very proud of this champion team who offer prospective voters so much practical experience in so many fields as a winning team,” Mulder said.
This experience and skill, combined with the enthusiasm and fresh thinking from the party's younger members, would show the FF Plus was relevant in a changing South Africa, he said.
It would also show the party took the lead in many areas to offer answers and solutions, especially where the rights of minorities were at stake, Mulder said.