The affordable education loan option
Johannesburg - Former ANC chief whip Mbulelo Goniwe, previously suspended for sexual harassment, is in talks to return to parliament, the Sunday Times reported.
“Myself and the (ANC) chief whip (Stone Sizani) are discussing the possibility of me coming (back) and using my knowledge to help with the constituency offices and the elections...that kind of stuff,” he told the newspaper.
In November 2007, Goniwe was suspended for three years after being found guilty of sexual harassment by a party-appointed disciplinary committee.
Goniwe was charged with abuse of office by trying to obtain sexual favours from Parliament intern Nomawele Njongo on October 25, 2006.
Goniwe told the Sunday Times that he had visited Parliament this week to discuss becoming the co-ordinator of the ANC's constituency offices and manager of its caucus election campaign programme.
“...(Discussions about taking up the position are) not yet concluded...if we conclude, I will be working in the ANC caucus.”
Asked about her response to news of his possible return, Njongo told the newspaper, “They always reward people who victimise others. How could they do something like this?”
Goniwe said that while he respected the feeling of people unhappy about his return, “I go back there with a very clear conscience. From the beginning, I proclaimed my innocence and I still do.” - Sapa