Johannesburg - AfriForum Youth on Friday said it had received overdue matric results from the department of basic education.
This was just before the organisation was about to bring a court application against the department, chairman Charl Oberholzer said in a statement.
“About 14 learners had received their results and can now embark on their plans for the future.”
Oberholzer said AfriForum Youth had sent a letter to Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga on January 21 and education MECs in the relevant provinces regarding matric results that still had not been released.
On Thursday, the department released a detailed report on every pupil's situation, as well as their results to AfriForum Youth's lawyers.
Oberholzer said there were cases where schools or institutions did not submit all marks to the department, or pupils were not on the department's system. These had been referred to education quality assurance body Umalusi. - Sapa