Cape Town - A call for change in Mangaung and a warning that “change is unstoppable” emerged from the province’s largest ANC Youth League region on Sunday.
Delegates from the Dullah Omar region’s branches nominated their top candidates for the ANC’s conference in Mangaung.
* Kgalema Motlanthe as president.
* Mathews Phosa as deputy president.
* Fikile Mbalula as secretary-general.
* Thenjiwe Mtintso as deputy secretary-general.
* Tokyo Sexwale as treasurer.
* Thandi Modise as chairperson.
Additional youth league national executive committee members were also voted for as nominees, including Lumka Yengeni, Bheki Hadebe and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
Officiating regional executive committee member Vuyiso Tyhalisisu said delegates should not be afraid to vote if the president had failed in political leadership. “It is important that your nomination… is preceded by political discussion about where you are today and where you want to be in the next five years.”