Zuma announces cabinet reshuffle
President Jacob Zuma on Sunday announced his cabinet reshuffle which saw some ministers lose their jobs and additional appointments of deputy ministers to some ministries.
“We have taken a long and hard look at some departments with a view to strengthen some ministries and noted some of them needed additional deputy ministers to assist them in their duties,” Zuma said when announcing the reshuffle in the presidential guest house in Pretoria.
“We had to change the way government works in order to improve service delivery. Our mission was guided by improving the quality of the lives of South Africans.”
- Communications Minister Siphiwe Nyanda was replaced by Roy Padayachie. His deputy would be Obed Bapele.
- Public Works Minister Geoff Doidge was replaced by Gwen Mahlangu-Nkabinde.
- Women, Children and People with Disabilities Minister Noluthando Mayende-Sibiya was replaced by Lulu Xingwana.
- Labour Minister Membathisi Mdladlana was replaced by Mildren Oliphent.
- Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Buyelwa Sonjica was replaced by Edna Molewa.
- Public Enterprises Minister Barbara Hogan was replaced by Malusi Gigaba.
His deputy is Benedict Martin.
- Sports and Recreation Minister Makhenkesi Stofile was replaced by Fikile Mbalula.
- Arts and Culture Minister Lulu Xingwana was replaced by Paul Mashatile.
- Social Development Minister Edna Molewa was replaced by Bathabile Dlamini - Sapa
HOW DID BLADE MISS THE CHOP ?
A case of shuffling the chairs on the Titanic, nothing canges and the ship still sinks!!
It was aout time! I'm particularly pleased by the axing of Nyanda, i must say i didn't see that one coming. Together with Noluthando, they were becoming an embarassment.
My, my. Interesting times. Looks like Paul 'Big Spender' Mashatile is moving up fast in the world of politics. Gauteng will be glad to see the back of him. And (hahahaha) Fikile as Minister of Sport and Recreation? Not that we're going to miss Stoffies, but what on earth are Mbalula's qualifications? Does this count as a crony-promotion to stop Julius's yapping?
What about the rest??
its superb especial to the old ministers & premiers from 1994,no relevent ideas for service delivery
The removal of Stofile from the sports portfolio is long overdue. One can only hope that Mbalula, as a very young person, will be equal to the task. Sadly, his physical appearance gives an impression of a lazy person sportwise.
A clear win by COSATU and ANCYL. Not long ago we were celebrating a win at the NGC. But clearly, it was not to last.
Amen Ndou, wrote
If one minister deserved a chop, there's no better candidate than Siphiwe Nyanda. Finally, there's gonna be communication in the department of communications.
Frank Dlamini, wrote
Congratulations Tata ! You have restored dignity to our government again. Well done ! Hamba Kahle to all the " dead wood " which is now gone.
Oh - so now we have it. The reshuffle that never was by the herd boy who never will be.
Same firm ,new fools
Showing items 1 - 12 of 12