Boy shot at expo doing well - HuntexComment on this story
Johannesburg - A boy accidentally shot by his father at a hunting expo in Midrand was doing well, expo organiser Huntex said on Wednesday.
“The family told us the boy was doing well and sent us a photograph,” the Hunters Expo organiser Adriaan Woudstra said.
He said people had been curious and wanted to know about the boy's health. A photograph of a smiling boy with his thumbs up was uploaded on the expo's facebook page on Sunday.
“Sammy, who was hurt in the shooting incident, has just turned eight years old. He is doing very well and thanks to everyone who is being rooting for him,” a caption read.
Woudstra did not have any further information and said the family would be in a better position to comment.
“The parents have not authorised us to give out any of their contact details.”
The father Sean Kotzin appeared briefly in the Alexandra Magistrate's Court on Wednesday. The matter was postponed to June 11 for further investigation.
Kotzin has been charged with negligent handling of a firearm. He was arrested on April 30 and granted R2 000 bail after appearing in court.
Kotzin went into a toilet cubicle with his son at the expo at Gallagher Estate. His gun went off, hitting the boy in the chest. - Sapa