Joburg warns of slow down in servicesComment on this story
Johannesburg - Joburg residents wanting to open or change accounts, apply for refunds or clearance certificates will not be able to do so until Thursday.
And, during the next few days all residents can expect a slow service on all transactional issues in the revenue department.
The City of Joburg’s revenue department says its people’s centres across the city will not be fully operational because of the “system closure for financial year end”.
Revenue department spokesman Kgamanyane Stan Maphologela said limited services would be available.
“The system will be available, but only for enquiries on customer data, no changes can be processed.”
The following functions will be available during this period:
* Cash payments can be made
* Statements can be viewed and information obtained
* Acknowledgement of debt arrangements can be made
* Query logging and resolution
* Disconnections and reconnections.
The following functions won’t be available during this period:
* Clearance applications and issuing of clearance certificates
* No changes on accounts, such as the changing of details
* No opening and closing of accounts
* No adjustments on accounts
* No applications for water and electricity meter connections
* In general, no transactional issues will be available.
“Customers should also note that system response can be slow due to the volume of data being extracted, and the city wishes to thank customers in advance for their patience during this period,” he said.