Lenasia man electrocuted

Comment on this story
iol news pic electrocuted electricity box INLSA A firefighter looks inside an electricity box which has been tampered with. File picture: Masi Losi

Johannesburg - A man was electrocuted on Wednesday morning in Lenasia when he touched a live electrical box, Johannesburg emergency management services (EMS) said.

“We responded to an incident in Lenasia where a man, in his 30s, was (found) to have fiddled with an electrical box,” said spokesman Robert Mulaudzi.

“He was electrocuted,” said Mulaudzi.

This was not the first time EMS had responded to such an incident in the area, with Mulaudzi warning the public to stay away from electrical boxes and lines as they were very dangerous.


sign up

Comment Guidelines

  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines