Get IOL's cool new iPad app...
A man was badly burnt and critically injured when he apparently received a shock while cleaning windows in Kramerville, Sandton, paramedics said on Saturday.
“...It was said that the man was cleaning windows on the outside of the building when he somehow came into contact with electrical wires overhead and he was (shocked) and as a result his body badly burnt,” ER24 spokeswoman Vanessa Jackson said.
She said safety officials at the company would conduct the necessary investigations to discover the exact cause.
The man, in his 30s, was extensively burnt in the accident on Friday.
He was airlifted to Milpark Hospital's specialised burns unit. - Sapa