The condition of a two-year-old girl from Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) who sustained second degree burns when fireligher gel exploded in her father's hands is improving, Beeld reported on Friday.
Two weeks ago, Lulu Rossouw was playing close to her father Nelis Rossouw while he lit a braai fire when the gel container he was holding exploded.
The container's lid shot off, and hit his daughter in the face.
On New Year's Eve, three-year-old Pippie Kruger, of Ellisras, sustained third degree burns to 80 percent of her body in a similar explosion.
She spent six months in the Garden City Clinic, in Joburg, where she underwent a groundbreaking skin graft procedure and was moved to a rehabilitation facility on Wednesday.
Beeld reported that, according to Nelis Rossouw, the left side of his daughter's face was badly burnt.
She was being treated in the St Vincent private hospital, in Bela Bela, where she was “laughing and playing already”.
He told the newspaper he had no intention of suing the manufacturer of the gel. “We just want to focus on our daughter's health.” – Sapa